More information on Social Security Windfall Act and Teachers

Many readers have been asking for more information. Here is some details people have asked me to find:

1. What is the name of the current legislation trying to end this Windfall Act?
A new bill from the House of Representatives, HR 235 and a Senate bill, S484, were reintroduced to do the same thing – "repeal the government pension offset and windfall elimination provisions."

2. How do I find my political leaders to contact to support this legislation?

Find your representatives and assembly members here:


Click “find my district” on this page http://www.assembly.ca.gov/acs/defaulttext.asp

3. Where can I learn more about this provision?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have contacted my senators,representatives,etc.-with absolutely no luck getting a human reaction. My husband was RR employee;I don't get a true 'gov't'
pension,it's federal-administered.
But I still can't get anyone to
read those documents & see that it's illegal to withhold my Soc.
Sec.! suepeaches@hotmail.com

Post your comments and questions

After you read any post, click on the word "comments" at the bottom. You can leave your name or post anonymously. Click on the triangle next to the month to view past columns.

You can also email me directly to goasktheteacher@yahoo.com

Email Ask the Teacher your education questions or comments

  • goasktheteacher@yahoo.com